Kraskovskiy Yan Eduardovich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, department of criminal law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Kanunnik Aleksandr Iosifovich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, department of law enforcement activity, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Involvement of teenagers in various dangerous forms of games, including “death groups” on the Internet in modern conditions poses a serious threat not only in the upbringing of the younger generation, but also in the interests of society and the state. In this regard, the prevention of such forms of negative impact on adolescents using social networks is becoming more relevant. Hence, the goal of this paper is not only to investigate the impact on youth behavior, but also to develop a system of measures, including criminal law, aimed at preventing the involvement of adolescents in various games and preventing social consequences.
Materials and methods. In the work, the dialectic method was used as a way of generalizing the behavior of adolescents when they were influenced by certain entertainment and cognitive programs using the Internet such as “death groups”. Also, when studying this phenomenon, private-scientific methods were used, namely, formal-legal, comparative-legal and system analysis, allowing to consider this social phenomenon in development and in consequences.
Results. The state of adolescents’ behavior is examined by the influence of Internet networks on them, the ways they are inclined to suicide and other consequences that threaten their life and health. In this connection, the views of scientists on this issue have been analyzed, the problems of criminal law regulation in the fight against involvement in “death groups”. In order to combat this manifestation, based on the analysis of materials of practice, legislation, proposals are formulated to amend and supplement the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.
Conclusions. The proposals formulated during the study are aimed at developing recommendations for improving criminal legislation, as well as the activities of individual units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which will ultimately contribute to reducing the level of negative impact on adolescents through the Internet, including such consequences as suicide and attempted suicide. Separate provisions can be used later for scientific purposes, with the improvement of approaches to studying this phenomenon in society, studying in the educational process within the framework of a legal profile and with the training of practical workers.
1. Gosudarstvennaya Duma: ofitsial'nyy sayt [State Duma: official site]. Available at:
http://asozd2.duma.gov.ru/main.nsf/%28SpravkaNew%29?OpenAgent&RN=118707-7&02 (accessed Apr. 05, 2018). [In Russian]
2. Kommersant.ru [Kommersant.ru]. Available at: http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3248854 (accessed Apr. 05, 2018). [In Russian]
3. Dolotina T. M., Shcherbinina T. Yu. Voprosy psikhologii ekstremal'nykh situatsiy [Issues of extreme case psychology]. 2017, no. 3, pp. 41–46. [In Russian]
4. RIA Novosti [RIA News]. Available at: https://ria.ru/society/20170309/1489635455.html (accessed Apr. 05, 2018). [In Russian]
5. Luchinkina A. I. Uchenye zapiski Krymskogo inzhenerno-pedagogicheskogo universiteta. Ser.: Pedagogika. Psikhologiya [Scientific notes of the Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University. Ser .: Pedagogy. Psychology]. 2017, no. 1 (7), pp. 109–113. [In Russian]
6. IA «PenzaInform» [Information Agency “PenzaInform”]. Available at:
sotcsetyah.html (accessed Apr. 05, 2018). [In Russian]
7. Krylova N. E. Ugolovnoe pravo [Criminal law]. 2016, no. 4, pp. 36–48. [In Russian]
8. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1998, no. 31, art. 3802. [In Russian]
9. Solomin V. P., Lavrenko A. V., Smorgunova V. Yu. Universum: Vestnik Gertsenovskogo universiteta [Universum: Bulletin of Herzen University]. 2012, no. 2, pp. 184–191. [In Russian]
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1996, no. 25, art. 2954. [In Russian]
11. Ukolova Yu. A. Problemy kvalifikatsii dovedeniya do samoubiystva kak prestupnogo deyaniya: avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Qualification problems of bringing to suicide as a criminal act: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Moscow, 2008, 24 p. [In Russian]
12. Shchetinina N. V. Vestnik Ural'skogo yuridicheskogo instituta MVD Rossii [Bulletin of Ural Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia]. 2016, no. 1, pp. 24–36. [In Russian]